Yelp

Yelp. I've done it again. I have a friend person thing out there who says stuff like, "don't you already have a blog no one reads?" And the answer is yes.

But in my nonexistent reader's defense, it's all my fault because I kind of suck at writing to them. I'm sorry! But more sorry to myself because since February 28th (the date of my last post) so much has happened that I could have easily spit my life out here. But then again, I had promised myself this "blog" wouldn't be a place about "MEEE!!" I hate being all feelings-y and tumblr cheesy even though I don't exactly understand that sentiment as I do not own a tumblr. But it still makes sense in the weird way things that don't make sense do.

This was supposed to be a baking blog (LOL). I read a number of successful baking/food blogs and always leave the site feeling both inspired and a tad envious...because why not me! You know? But anyways, for the most part, you get what you give. Do you not?

But since it's a BAKING blog/feelings blog/leave me alone I just need a url for my portfolio...I will continue until things get awkward, which actually brings it full circle with my very first post of this blog that no one reads. Hehe.

I made blueberry muffins yesteday and they were the best batch I think I've ever made. And that is saying a butt load because I've made many batches over the years. None of which until now have been documented, but my family can vouch for me I hope.

I love purposefully incorporating an unconventional ingredient in baked goods, especially in the cakey category. With every consistent bowl of dry ingredients (flour, baking soda/powder, salt), there's always an equally essential bowl of eggs, sugar, butter/oil, vanilla...you know, the wet ingredients. Baking is not as "throw it all together" as cooking can be; it's much more mechanical and rather to-the-tee. BUT! (there's always a but) in the wet bowl, we've got room to be wacky.

Like buttermilk, for example. In these muffins. The buttermilk alone smells kind of funny and tastes too tangy for it's own good, but it makes these so luxurious and airy and fluffy and the thesaurus gave me "gossamer," which kind of means silky, so that too. It just works. And in fact, I have to use the bottle up before it's expiration date so as we speak, I've another batch in the oven. (Those are chocolate and lemon/blueberry! Same recipe, just swaping. )


Recipe: 

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk 
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
2 cups blueberries 

Directions:

1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl
2. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, vegatable oil and vanilla
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry bowl, and mix until JUST combined. Do not over mix this! or else you'll be upset when the muffins turn out dense and possibly dry.
4. Fold in the blueberries gently
5. Drop into your lined muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes.



Take, what...ten thousand??





.........................X peace and pandas your way

Comments

  1. Haha that was pretty easy, well at least the reading part on how to make it! I am going to try all your recipes one day and that day I just won't be your non existent reader ;) haha!

    Andd also, well tumblr-ish posts are fun as well. We like reading our bloggers mind, what goes inside it, besides what goes inside the baking items hah!

    Waiting for the next one then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so cool! Loved the recipe, sure will try it out soon! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment